JIJAU WOMEN EMPOWERMENT – Report
ABOUT THE COMMITTEE:
Jijau Women Empowerment Committee of Rajmata Jijau Shikshan Prasark Mandal’s Arts, Commerce and Science College are established with the motto of “Towards Self Empowered Mind“. The cell aims to empower girl students and faculty, enhance their understanding of issues related to women and to make the college campus a safe place for girls and women and to address the practical issues related to the welfare and equal opportunities for Women faculty, staff and students.
With a view to take up women’s issues and problems, the committee aims at creating awareness of their rights and duties. It also provides a platform for women to share their experiences and views regarding their status in the society. Added to it suggestions for improvement and empowerment among themselves has been given. Aiming at intellectual and social upliftment of the female students, the cell stands for facilitating women’s empowerment through guest lectures, seminars, awareness programs and other welfare activities.
To promote general well-being of female students, teaching and non-teaching women staff of the College and to provide and maintain a dignified, congenial working environment for women and enable them to explore their imminent potential in all aspects.
- To instill positive self-esteem and confidence in the female students so that they can take the right decision in and for-their lives.
- To encourage female students to be self-reliant and economically independent.
- Creating awareness about the need of gender equality.
- Making females cognizant about different kinds of violence: sexual, physical and mental and to further equip them with the knowledge and strength to fight against them.
- Spreading awareness among the students about the social, legal and constitutional rights of women in order to prevent the exploitation based on gender.
- Providing equal career opportunities to all the genders.
Jijau Women Empowerment committee is constituted at the college level with the objectives as follows:
- Identification of strong leader ship and change makers and building the capacity of women
- To promote a culture of respect and equality for female gender
- The provision of opportunities and programs for female gender to be financially, mentally and emotionally empowered so as to promote their growth as individuals in their own right
- To conduct seminar, workshop to impart knowledge of opportunities and tools available and train the women
- To inculcate entrepreneurial attitude among young girls, at the earliest so that they can be “job givers” rather than “job takers”
- To make women understand that Empowered and educated women are less likely to fall prey to sexual abuse, workplace harassment, domestic abuse many more
- To show that the Empowered women can have happier families
- To imbibe the idea that child marriage, dowry killings, discrimination, female feticide, etc., and other harmful acts can be stopped by women empowerment
CONSTITUTION OF JIJAU WOMEN EMPOWERMENT COMMITTEE:
|Name of the Committee/ Duty Assigned
|Dr. Bhong Gautam
|Prof. Pawar Pournima
|Prof. Mane Rupali
|Prof. Wathare Apurva
|Prof. Veer Savita
|Dr. More Pragati
|Prof. Hupre Sarita
|Ms. Davargave Vaishali
- To help battling examination stress, the Committee is planning to provide medical facilities like counseling sessions and psychologist visits in the college.
- The Committee is working hard for crèche facility.
- For a healthy and fit life, yoga camps and aerobics classes will also be organized by the Cell.
- To spread the importance and ways for women empowerment and gender equality various talks, workshops and events will be organized. These programmes will also provide platform to female students to understand their unexplored skills and talents.A Gender-Champion sub-committee will be constituted for the same and also to the participation of the students of the College at a mass scale in this humanitarian effort.
- The Committee is planning to organize Self Defense Program in association with Pune Police for the female students to make them self-dependent.