Follow us –
Library is a ‘Heart’ of the College. Teaching and learning system are supported by library through reading material. College Central Library have established in 2001 for students as well as for faculty members. Library is well equipped with reference books, textbooks, journals, periodicals and newspapers etc. The Library housekeeping operations are automated through Vriddhi Library Software.
The Library has subscription to N-LIST by UGC – INFLIBNET, through which teachers & Research Students can access & download many E-resources in respective subject.
Promote access to library resources, facilities and services needed by members of
the higher education community for successful pursuit of academic programs and
User satisfaction through quality service.
- To assist the users in upgrading their knowledge /information/ skills in
making proper use of Library resources and services.
- To give timely quality services and information.To provide effective and efficient services.
- Enable faculty members, students and other users of the Library to become better information in their fields of specialization.
- Extensive use of reading material.
- To support teaching –learning process by providing necessary learning resources.
- To provide every reader his/her reading material.
- To promote the reading habits among students.
- Students can issue 2 library books on 1 library borrow cards for a week.
- Renewal of the books will depend on availability and requirement of the same by others.
- Students can avail the facility of reference books , journals/periodicals within the library premises only against I-cards.
- A fine Rs. 1/- day will be charged on late return of books issued on library borrow cards.
- Writing of scribbling on or tearing of pages of library books, newspapers, periodicals etc. is prohibited and will be liable for strict action.
- Students should produce their identity cards as & when demanded by the library staff.
- Use of mobile phones is strictly prohibited inside the library.
- Difficulties if any should be discussed with the librarian.
- On loss of library book, user shall replace the same with a brand new copy or to pay the amount decided by library committee.
- Students should enter their name in the entry register maintained at reading hall.
- Borrower’s card & I-card is not transferable.
- Complete silence should be maintained. Group discussions, lectures are no allowed in library.
|Library Timing||9.00 am to 5:00 pm.|
|Issuing of Books||9.30 am to 4.30 pm.|
|Reading Room||8.30.am to 5.30pm|
|1||Mrs.Varsha Paratwagh||Librarian||B.A. M.Lib. NET|
|2.||Mrs. Suvarna Kaduskar||Library Attendant||B.A. L.T.C.|
There is an Advisory Committee consisting of 10 members. The committee helps to initiate the new ideas as well as ensures smooth and effective functioning of the library.
Composition of the Library Committee:
- Chairman : Principal
- Members : 5 Members from head of the various departments : 1 Student Representative.
- Secretary : Librarian
|1||Dr. Gautam Bhong ( Principal )||Chairman|
|2||Asst. Prof. Kiran Chaudhary||Member|
|3||Asst. Prof. Jayshree Armani||Member|
|4||Asst. Prof. Apurva Wathare||Member|
|5||Asst. Prof. Sanjay Chavan||Member|
|6||Asst. Prof. Maroti Shinde||Member|
|7||Asst. Prof. Purnima Pawar||Member|
|8||Mrs. Ashwini Bhosale ( Registrar )||Member|
|9||Asst. Prof. Varsha Paratwagh ( Librarian )||Secretary|
- Total Books – 20634
- E-books – 31,35,000 N-List
- Total Journals/Periodicals – 27
- E-Journals – 6000 N-List
- Total Newspapers – 10
- Educational CD/DVD – 515
- E-library with internet facility
- Inter Library Loan
- Reference service
- Reading Room
- Information Display & Notification
- Newspaper clippings
- Power backup & fire extinguisher
- Reprographic Service
Library is fully automated by using Vriddhi software. New purchases, stock verification, issue-return activity is conducted using this software. All the books have a bar code. The Use of barcodes and bar code scanners makes the process of issue and returns more Efficient and error free.
The college library provides institutional membership facility to all faculty members.
Library having membership with following 2 other libraries. These are as,
- Jayakar Library, SPPU, Pune
- British Council Library , Pune
Because of this membership any faculty can access books from these libraries.
On the occasion of 125th Birth anniversary of Dr. S.R. Ranganathan . Chief guest of the program was Dr. B.M. Pange Assistant Librarian, Jaykar Library, SPPU, Pune. The program was arrange for students and faculty members at college seminar hall.
The college Library has organized in-house book exhibition on the occasion of Birth Anniversary of former president Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam on. 14th Oct. 2017. This day is celebrated in India as Vachan Prerana Din. The main aim to organize this exhibition is to aware all faculty and students about different types of library books.
The college library has organize a big event of Granthotsav 2017 ( Book Fair/Exhibition ) on 23rd December 2017 at college campus. Many students from various colleges and schools are come to visit Granthotsav 2017. And also lots of peoples come to visit the exhibition. In this exhibition 15 publishers and distributors were exhibit their books.