B.Lib & I.Sc
Intake Capacity- 45
Three Year B.Lib Degree Program in Library & Information Science
(Faculty of Library & Information Science)
Choice Based Credit System
Title of the Course: – Bachelor of Library & Information Science (B.Lib.I.Sc.)
Duration of the Course: One year (Two Semesters)
1) The programme shall be a full time regular programme.
2) The duration of programme shall be of one year of two Semesters.
Pattern of Examination will be Semester with 50+50 (100 marks) with Choice Based
Minimum attendance for each semester is 75% of the total number of Theory, Tutorial,
Practical, Seminar, and Group Discussion periods etc.
(as applicable to regular programme)
Fees will be applicable as per University Rules/ Norms
Any graduate from Savitribai Phule Pune University or any other recognized University
with not less than 40 % for reserve and 45% for open candidate will be eligible to take
admission for B.Lib.I.Sc.
Medium of instruction shall be in English and Medium of Examination shall be in
English or Marathi.
This course is not open to external students. Only full time regular students are
eligible for this course.
For the award of Bachelor of Library & Information Science (B.Lib.I.Sc.) a candidate
should fulfill the following conditions:
1) He/She shall have kept two terms for the Degree Course in Library & Information
Science conducted by the Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune and
1) He/She shall have completed the prescribed course to the satisfaction of the
concerned Head of the Department.
1) The student who fails in internal examination, shall have to take fresh
admission for the course.